What kinds of things... (really: nfs mounting files)

George Robbins grr at cbmvax.UUCP
Thu Jun 1 00:21:16 AEST 1989

In article <SMARTIN.89May29072600 at iemsun.dhc> smartin at iemsun.dhc (Stephen Martin) writes:
> I would like to see a way to NFS mount or remotely link a specific file
> without having to mount a whole directory.

Have you tried it?  Seems to work fine on DEC's Ultrix implementation of NFS.
The "mount point" must be a directory, but it turns into a "file" when a
remote file is mounted on it.

I haven't the faintest idea whether it is "supposed" to work or not, I was
a bit surprised when I discovered this "feature" by accident.

but no way officially representing	arpa: cbmvax!grr at uunet.uu.net