UNIX Sys V Tunable Parameters

maurice.r.baker mrb1 at cbnewsh.ATT.COM
Wed Jun 7 01:38:46 AEST 1989

Hello ---

I am posting the following message for a co-worker.   Please respond
directly to her, if possible --- I will, however, watch the affected
newsgroups for replies and pass them along with e-mail replies to
me.  Thank you very much in advance; we would appreciate any insights,
help, references, etc.  RTFM'ing the documentation we have on hand has
not proven to be of much value in this case.

M. Baker, homxc!mrb1

---Here's her message---

Subject: Message queue tunable parameters

On a 3B2/600 running SV 3.1.1, how do the tunable parameters
MSGMAP, MSGSSZ and MSGSEG relate to the others (MSGMAX, MSGMNB,
MSGTQL, MSGMNI)?

Say, for instance, MSGMNB=16384, MSGTQL=1500, MSGMNI=50, and MSGMAX=1024.
Do the remaining parameters need to be increased in relation to these values?

The maximum value for MSGSSZ * MSGSEG is 131072 (128K).  What effect would
it have to set the parameters for this value?

Thanks,
Janet Keyes
AT&T Bell Labs, Holmdel, 2C530
201-949-8484