sys V.3.2 swap problem: unterminated sleep?

Andrew Klossner andrew at frip.WV.TEK.COM
Tue Jun 6 02:23:59 AEST 1989

In the vanilla 3b2 sources for system V.3.2, in file os/swapalloc.c,
a process can go to sleep waiting for more swap space with this line:

	sleep(&swapwold, PMEM);

However, there doesn't seem to be a corresponding wakeup.
We have systems that lock up just after printing the "DANGER: Out of
swap space." message that precedes this sleep.

Is this really a bug, or am I misinterpreting?
If it's a bug, has someone already fixed this?  I'd be delighted not to
reinvent this wheel.

[Please send e-mail; you know what it's like trying to keep up with
this group ...]

  -=- Andrew Klossner   (uunet!tektronix!orca!frip!andrew)      [UUCP]
                        (andrew%frip.wv.tek.com at relay.cs.net)   [ARPA]