Request for summarized inode problem

Jeff Tye sys adm jeff at swusrgrp.UUCP
Mon Jun 5 08:56:03 AEST 1989

This has probably been asked a zillion times before but could somebody
please tell me in a short paragraph or two about what causes the inode table
to get crashed when running news.

It used to happen on my system alot (everyday) but now happens maybe once
every two weeks (always at an inconvenient time). What causes it? Is it a bug
in news? Or is it a bug in UNIX? Why don't other programs cause it to
happen? (at least on my system)

Is there a fix on the horizon? I hate having to run down to my office in
the middle of the night to run 'fsck' to fix the inode table. :-(

--
Jeff Tye
southwest!/usr/group                  The Southwest U.S. chapter of /usr/group