4.3 tip on a sun

Mike Hoegeman mh at awds27.imsd.contel.com
Sat Jun 24 10:57:17 AEST 1989

has anyone gotten the 4.3 version of tip to work on a sun?  i tried
compiling it on my sun3/110 and using it to hardwire style tip out of
ttya to another machine but it's not cooperating. it just sits there. i
can't even disconnect from the thing. the regular sun tip works fine.
the sun OS we are using is 4.0.1. the reason i want to use the 4.3 on
is so i can add some special commands to it. BTW, i do not have sun OS
source. is there any /etc/remote incompatabilities i do not know about?
perhaps the the tty drivers have subtle differences that hose things?
any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

-mike