keyscan wanted

T. William Wells bill at twwells.uucp
Fri Jun 2 14:53:26 AEST 1989

In article <475 at wn2.sci.kun.nl> medfys at wn2.sci.kun.nl (Victor Langeveld/Tjeerd Dijkstra) writes:
: I am searching for a (small?) routine that informs me about a
: possible pressed key. This routine should *not* wait for input,
: but return immediately, wether succesfull or not.
: Suggestions?

Yes. Tell us what hardware and OS you are talking about.

For example, this should be doable on my system, a '386 running
Microport's Unix, by telling the driver to return scan codes and
doing nonblocking reads. It's all in the relevant sections of the
manual, under keyboard(7), open(2), and fcntl(2), and maybe a few
other places I can't think of off hand.

But on your system, who knows? We certainly don't, since we don't
know the system.

---
Bill                            { uunet | novavax } !twwells!bill