GNU, security, and RMS

Ed Gould ed at mtxinu.COM
Thu Jun 8 17:09:12 AEST 1989

>    Sorry Barry.  This is totally invalid.   The PC's are not multi-user
>systems.   There is little need for security on a single user system.

True, PCs are single-user systems.  But, thjey're often shared among
several users - not sumultaneously, but shared none the less.  There
PCs are also connected to networks, allowing access - even simultaneous
access - by a variety of people.  There's just as much (however much
you think that might be) need for security on the single-user PC as
on any other system that isn't locked away whenever its only user isn't
present.

--
Ed Gould                    mt Xinu, 2560 Ninth St., Berkeley, CA  94710  USA
ed at mtxinu.COM		    +1 415 644 0146

"I'll fight them as a woman, not a lady.  I'll fight them as an engineer."