Richard Stallman

Dan Lance lance at kodak.UUCP
Sun Jun 11 08:13:48 AEST 1989

In article <a6KY02jo337K01 at amdahl.uts.amdahl.com> vohra at uts.amdahl.com (Pavan Vohra) writes:
>OK.  A couple of questions: how does Mr. Stallman get paid?

He is not paid a salary by the FSF.  His income comes from software
consulting and from donations by people interested in suporting his
work.

Try rms at sugar-bombs.ai.mit.edu.

>Does he have a job?  Does it consist of GNU?  Only GNU?

He spends much of his time on GNU work;  he also does software
consulting on the side to provide some income.

>How come we are all talking about him like some kind
>of object of debate and prediction (a la Bush, Deng, IBM, etc.)
>when he might be on the net?  (If he is he is awfully quiet.)

He mostly posts to the gnu.* groups, which you may or may not get.

>BTW, just to carry this ridiculous trivia to its extreme, I pronounce
>GNU "guhnoo" and hope that others do too, because "nyoo" sounds too
>much like "new".  No flame wars on this, please.  Just wonder if
>others do too.

I think the FSF wants you to pronounce the G in GNU for this very
reason.

>KC, not Pavan.

Huh?

>---
>Pavan Vohra             {..hplabs|ames|ihnp4|decwrl}!amdahl!vohra
>Amdahl Corporation
>Sunnyvale, CA 94086-3470
>---

trivially yours,