MDQS Version 2.12 available

VLD/VMB gwyn at BRL.MIL
Sun Jun 25 18:13:31 AEST 1989

An update release of BRL's MDQS (Multi-Device Queueing System) is now
available via anonymous FTP from VGR.BRL.MIL, file ~ftp/arch/mdqs.tar
or mdqs.tar.Z (compressed).  Those of you who sent me magtapes will
receive the new version in the mail as soon as I get the tapes written.

Release Notes for MDQS 2.12

This release includes minor improvements, particularly to the
ttyserver.  Thanks to Craig Warren for several bug fixes.  An
error in mkcontrol()'s use of mktemp() was corrected; this fixes
the mysterious failure of qpr when invoked in a non-writable
directory.  Also, the daemon "prod" has been changed from access
to modification, in order to work via Sun's NFS (which doesn't
update the local copy of a remote file's access time); thanks to
Craig Bishop for this work-around.  The directory access routines
have been changed to work with a POSIX-compatible (dirent)
interface such as found in UNIX System V Release 3; there are
kludges to continue to support a 4.[123]BSD-style (direct)
interface also.  Finally, the MDQS Tour document has been
overhauled and brought more in line with the actual code.