ULIMIT adjustment in System V kernel creation

M. D. Parker mparker at chip.UUCP
Fri Jun 9 07:20:44 AEST 1989

Under the current System V R3 flavor of operating system I am using,
our ULIMIT is gened up to max value.  In otherwords, there is no restriction.
While I like that approach, I do want to limit the value locally since we
have had an occaion where one person ran us out of user disk space.  My
preference is to change this in the kernel.  Initial examinations of what
I have received do not point to which parameter to change.  Anybody know?

Yes, I do know that I could put a wrapper around /etc/init to do this but
I'd really like to at least know about the kernel modification.

Thanks for your help.