ULIMIT adjustment in System V kernel creation

John Gayman john at wa3wbu.UUCP
Sun Jun 11 08:12:54 AEST 1989

In article <252 at chip.UUCP>, mparker at chip.UUCP (M. D. Parker) writes:
> Under the current System V R3 flavor of operating system I am using,
> our ULIMIT is gened up to max value.  In otherwords, there is no restriction.

    In the case of Microport V/386 the kernel is directly patchable to
  whatever ULIMIT you like. I looked through the linkkit and couldn't
  find any references to ulimit so perhaps "patch" is the only way.
  In any event, a "patch" program comes with the distribution and you
  simply invoke it with:

        /etc/patch /unix Ulimit xxxx  (where xxxx is the number of
              				blocks)

    You then simply reboot and you have the new limit.

					John

--
John Gayman, WA3WBU              |           UUCP: uunet!wa3wbu!john
1869 Valley Rd.                  |           ARPA: john at wa3wbu.uu.net
Marysville, PA 17053             |           Packet: WA3WBU @ AK3P