How do you tell a wizard?

Randal Schwartz merlyn at iwarp.intel.com
Tue Oct 24 01:47:25 AEST 1989

In article <89Oct17.001354edt.3270 at neat.cs.toronto.edu>, moraes at cs (Mark Moraes) writes:
| gordon at prls.UUCP (Gordon Vickers) writes (from an old Paul Chisholm
| posting to net.jokes, if I remember right):
|
| > GURU:
| > - uses adb on the kernel while system is loaded
|
| Since it is now common practice for manufacturers to NOT ship adb with
| their systems ("dbx does everything you need to, honest." Ha!), this
| definition may need some revision :-)

Oh, now come on.  If a guru finds that adb is missing, he/she whips
out a source tape of goodies from the last job, which just happens to
include a hacked version of adb that prints out some of the kernel
structures easily, loads it up, and compiles it, and sticks it in
his/her own personal bin.  No sweat.

Just another UNIX hacker (may or may not be a guru... hard to tell...),
--
/== Randal L. Schwartz, Stonehenge Consulting Services (503)777-0095 ====\
| on contract to Intel's iWarp project, Hillsboro, Oregon, USA, Sol III  |