ECHO characters to another terminal

Ken Henry,18 LC,335-5531,3546389 khenry at umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu
Tue Oct 31 08:06:27 AEST 1989

>From article <1989Oct30.092438.23143 at aucs.uucp>, by 861087p at aucs.uucp (A N D R E A S):
>
>           I need all the help i can get with a program that does the
> following :
>       It echoes the characters or lines that a user is typing
> in a terminal to another terminal via the mail or write command.
> Let's say I run that program within csh and i type in my terminal the
> command "finger", I want both the command and the output to be sent
> to another terminal connected to the system, as well as appear in my
> terminal too.

Is this program  a shell script or a program written in C, or something
else?  It would be fairly easy with sockets if you are familiar with
programming them.  Otherwise you could execute a command that does
i/o redirection on the terminal you are going to. like:
  % finger > /dev/ttyXX      where XX is the terminal you are sending
to.  If you would like to see an example using BSD sockets I will
send it to you.
-Ken Henry