How do you tell a wizard?

Jeff Medcalf jeffm at uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu
Sat Oct 21 23:26:53 AEST 1989

In article <917 at uakari.primate.wisc.edu> bin at primate.wisc.edu writes:
>I have *never* heard *anyone* call "vi" vee-eye.  Including wizards.
>
>Paul DuBois

Happens here all the time.  Everyone here, including wizards, calls vi vee-eye.
Occasionally, it will be referred to as visual, though that is rare.  I have
never heard it called vye even by novices, but then we have an orientation that
includes use of the vi editor, so users get the "correct" pronunciation right
off.

Jeff Medcalf	jeffm at uokmax.uucp    jeffm at uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu
!chinet!uokmax!jeffm	jeffm at invent_an_address (as reliable as the preceeding)

In 1869, the waffle iron was invented, thus solving the annoying tendency of