B.E.M. (was: The Great Vi Controversy)

Richard J Cox maujt at warwick.ac.uk
Sun Oct 29 00:48:42 AEST 1989

In article <2000 at zen.co.uk> vic at zen.UUCP (Victor Gavin) writes:

>Well, in my copy of the Encyclopaedia Galactica, under gigabyte, it says that
>most mature species in the galaxy don't deal in such trivially small amounts
>of memory.

hear! hear!

>It also says, under pronunciation, that the idea behind speech is to
>communicate so it doesn't matter how it's pronounced.

This is also true.

>It also has a foot note which says that you should never try to correct
>Large Green Bug Eyed Monsters about such things as they normally carry
>around large implements for *squashing* pedants.

Wow! this articule is a really hoopy frood isn't it. Always remember
to carry your towel and avoid the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast or Traal,
especially when you are being pedantic.

>Well I thought it was getting kinda silly :-)
>
>			vic

Well at least HGttG is a far more sensible topic :-)

- RC

JANET:  maujt at uk.ac.warwick.cu                    |"I want it all, and I
ARPA:   maujt at cu.warwick.ac.uk                    | want it now"
UUCP:   ...!mcvax!ukc!warwick!maujt               |             ~ Queen
BITNET: maujt%uk.ac.warwick.cu at nsfnet-relay.ac.uk |
Richard Cox, Undergrad, Applied Maths, University Of Warwick, Coventry, UK