Request for background on Job Control

Robert Thurlow thurlow at convex.com
Mon Oct 9 02:42:24 AEST 1989

I know I've seen this religious war in here before, but I've missed any
real discussion of exactly *what* people don't like about the Berkeley
job control implementation (or design, or even concept).  This is mainly
because I was using only System V until recently, and just didn't care
as much.  Now that I'm on the BSD-based ConvexOS, and know where the
source code is, I'd like someone (Henry?) to let me in on the problems
you get with it, since it still seems to be pretty straightforward.  It
may be best to use e-mail, based on the fervor evident in the
discussion so far.  Thanks in advance!

Rob T
--
Rob Thurlow - Expatriate Canadian                      thurlow at convex.com
"From the heart of 'The Friendship State'"