Job Control (a la csh/ksh) from within C

Chris Torek chris at mimsy.UUCP
Sun Oct 8 01:38:39 AEST 1989

In article <20040 at mimsy.UUCP> I wrote:
>How do I get the second window on my H19 here?

I should mention that I am not saying that signals, ^Z, etc., are *the
best* way to do job control, or even *the only* way, but I *am* saying
that, at least for now, they are better than ways that require windows.
(There are a whole series of things I think are wrong with the current
*and* the POSIX job control implementations.  For instance, process
groups should be allocated by the kernel, and it should be possible to
for a process to stop itself without sending itself a signal.)
Domain:	chris at cs.umd.edu	Path:	uunet!mimsy!chris