Job Control (a la csh/ksh) from within C

Wolfgang Rupprecht wolfgang at mgm.mit.edu
Sun Oct 8 01:23:24 AEST 1989

In article <20040 at mimsy.UUCP> chris at mimsy.UUCP (Chris Torek) writes:
>How do I get the second window on my H19 here?

;-) From GnuEmacs: M-x shell (or preceded by a "M-x rename-buffer <cr>
shell-1" for moving the first shell out of the way to get the second.)

>One of the things that bothers me about many of these fancy windowing
>systems is that there is no way to dial in and use them.

One thing I tended to do alot (at 1200 baud at least) is use GnuEmacs
as my windowing system.  Free ksh-like patches to shell.el from anon
ftp to mgm.mit.edu.

-wolfgang
Wolfgang Rupprecht	ARPA:  wolfgang at mgm.mit.edu (IP 18.82.0.114)
TEL: (703) 768-2640	UUCP:  mit-eddie!mgm.mit.edu!wolfgang