How do you tell a wizard?

terryl at tekcrl.LABS.TEK.COM terryl at tekcrl.LABS.TEK.COM
Sat Oct 14 04:00:38 AEST 1989

In article <69985 at uunet.UU.NET> rick at uunet.UU.NET (Rick Adams) writes:
>Another interesting observation on spotting wizards is:
>
>	If they call themselves a wizard (especially on a business
>	card or resume) they are not.
>
>	The true wizards never call themselves wizard/guru. They dont have
>	to.

     And you want to know why??? If that information gets out (that so-and-so
is a wizard), then said wizard never gets any REAL work done because naive users
keeps bothering said wizard with all sorts of stupid questions that could have
been answered if they had just read the man page.....

>	(Unfortunately, there are a hell of a lot of people that think
>	that because they installed unix on a pc or a sun workstation
>	they are automatically wizards.)

     Well, I don't have any experience with this, so I can't comment on it...