How do I detect who and when A file gets accessed ?

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.UUCP
Fri Sep 22 11:37:06 AEST 1989

In article <NIEH.89Sep21095615 at nnn.crd.ge.com>, nieh at nnn.crd.ge.com writes:
> How do I detect who and when the file gets accessed ?

You can't detect who, and you can only detect the last time the file
was accessed.  The only way to do it is to write your own program that
controls access to the file and have the program log who is using it.