Multiple Root ID's considered evil?

Tom Christiansen tchrist at convex.COM
Thu Sep 14 01:02:51 AEST 1989

In article <1989Sep13.082607.981 at twwells.com> bill at twwells.com (T. William Wells) writes:
>If done for the reason you suggest, that is an _awful_ idea! Root is
>root. Anyone who gets uid 0 is god.

Certainly.  I perhaps misrepresented my reason.  The real reason was
to grant or remove superuser priv's to specific users without having
to constantly muck with the One True Root Password.  I personally
don't do it that way at my site, preferring people to log in as
themselves and su.

--tom

    Tom Christiansen                       {uunet,uiucdcs,sun}!convex!tchrist
    Convex Computer Corporation                            tchrist at convex.COM
		 "EMACS belongs in <sys/errno.h>: Editor too big!"