HELP converting filenames!

David Brown david at pyr.gatech.EDU
Thu Sep 28 23:08:12 AEST 1989

Hiya.  I have a friend who has about 200 files in a directory that are all
upper case.  They are data files that need to be in lower case, because
his brain-dead program won't recognize upper case letters.  It's a i386
box, running some form of Xenix, but he doesn't have the development system.
Can any of you Bourne shell or C-shell wizards out there tell me how to
write a script that will convert them?  He's VERY anxious to get them
converted (he's almost dead in the water until he does).

PLEASE E-mail me anything you think might help!

Thanks,
  David Brown

--
David Brown                       Armstrong State College, Savannah, Georgia
ARPA: david at pyr.gatech.edu        uucp: ...!gatech!gitpyr!david