Cron - First Saturday of the month

Randal Schwartz merlyn at iwarp.intel.com
Sat Aug 11 08:43:31 AEST 1990

In article <7286 at star.cs.vu.nl>, maart at cs (Maarten Litmaath) writes:
| The code:
[deleted to protect my eyes, but it *is* the code I remember ...]
| The conclusion: the manual and the code contradict each other!
| The example
|
|           0 0 1,15 * 1
|
| ...will run the job on each monday whose date is either the 1st or the 15th!
| It might be too late to fix the manual...  (Grrrr!)

Yes, this is my point.  Actually, what I think happened is that you
posted the V7-derived cron, and Sunos4.1 went to the user-crontab
System (blech) V cron, and I suspect that they put some widgets in
there to do this stupid "OR" logic that I complained about in my last
two postings.

Anyone with access to system V source care to comment?  Are there some
yucky kludges in there?

Just another System V disliker,
--
/=Randal L. Schwartz, Stonehenge Consulting Services (503)777-0095 ==========\
| on contract to Intel's iWarp project, Beaverton, Oregon, USA, Sol III      |