sendmail config file question

davy at intrepid.itstd.sri.com davy at intrepid.itstd.sri.com
Tue Aug 14 09:46:54 AEST 1990

We're getting ready to change our domain name, and I want to make sendmail
clever enough to handle mapping the old domain to the new one.  Problem is,
we're already doing that from the domain name of about a year ago.

Basically, right now I have:

DDitstd.sri.com					current domain name
DEistc.sri.com					old domain name

S1
R$*<@$-.$E>$*		$1<@$2.$D>$3		change domain name
R$*<@$E>$*		$1<@$D>$2		change domain name

and likewise for S2.  Now, to handle both old domain names, I figured I
could use a class:

DDerg.sri.com					new domain name
CDistc.sri.com itstd.sri.com			old domain names

S1
R$*<@$-.$=D>$*		$1<@$2.$D>$3		change domain name
R$*<@$=D>$*		$1<@$D>$2		change domain name

and likewise for S2.

But this doesn't work; the matches against the class fail.  Reading the
sendmail manual, it mentions something about "token" being the unit of
a class.  I'm assuming the match is failing because "istc.sri.com" and
"itstd.sri.com" are three tokens each rather than one.

Is this right?  If so, is there a way to do what I want with classes?

Thanks,
Dave Curry
SRI International