Cron - First Saturday of the month

Ronald S H Khoo ronald at robobar.co.uk
Sat Aug 11 05:05:17 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug10.063819.5253 at iwarp.intel.com> merlyn at iwarp.intel.com (Randal Schwartz) writes:

> Sigh.  Sorry.  I'll crawl under my rock now.  Cron's only for the
> heavyweights, anyway.

System V cron isn't just for heavyweights, though, it's got per-user
crontabs, remember, so joe-random-non-wizard who has his own crontab
has to understand the manpage.  Sigh.

Someone once mentioned wanting to write a System V-like cron in perl
so he could have per-user crontabs on his machine.  I wonder who
it was, and how he parsed the manpage ?
--
Eunet: Ronald.Khoo at robobar.Co.Uk  Phone: +44 81 991 1142  Fax: +44 81 998 8343
Paper: Robobar Ltd. 22 Wadsworth Road, Perivale, Middx., UB6 7JD ENGLAND.