kvm calls and inode table

Sean Sheridan Coleman X5672 coleman at cam.nist.gov
Wed Aug 29 01:46:04 AEST 1990

I noticed that on a Sun running 4.0 or higher, that there are
routines to access certain kernal tables, specifically the
process table and the user table for each process using
kvm_nextproc() and kvm_getu(). I was wondering how to get the
virtual address of the inode table so I could use kvm_read to
read in each line of the inode table. I tried to use kvm_nlist()
to get the symbol table and hope to get the address of this
table from there but no luck. Is the address of the start of the
inode table in one of the structures returned from kvm_getu() or
kvm_nextproc()?

I know pstat and adb can get to these tables.

How about some of the other tables like the file table,
streams table etc.

You help is much appreciated.

Sean Coleman
NIST