The *ART* of Computer Programming

John R. Dudeck jdudeck at polyslo.CalPoly.EDU
Wed Feb 28 16:38:15 AEST 1990

After a few years in the field, I have come to a personal commitment to
practice good craftsmanship in everything I do.  If a program is worth
writing it is worth writing well.  It requires great creativity to design
and write good software.  It also results in good business, because good
software has fewer problems, and this results in less maintenance cost.
The programming standards of an organization don't stifle creativity, at
least not the creativity of a disciplined craftsman, any more than they
would in say, a cabinet shop.

--
John Dudeck                           "You want to read the code closely..."
jdudeck at Polyslo.CalPoly.Edu             -- C. Staley, in OS course, teaching