files with holes

Mel Pleasant pleasant at porthos.rutgers.edu
Wed Feb 21 10:05:20 AEST 1990

Is it safe to have holes in files that would not normally have them?

The application - we run a distribution system which copies files to
client systems.  The client engine could check for nulls in the files
coming in over the network and skip over them rather than writing them
out on the disk.  If the client engine did this for *all* files, does
anyone know of any problems that would arise?  Please email your
it.
--

                                  Mel Pleasant
 {backbone}!rutgers!pleasant   pleasant at rutgers.edu     mpleasant at zodiac.bitnet