looking for device-driver (hints/source)

Kurt Schreiner ks at fb14vax.uucp
Thu Feb 15 07:25:43 AEST 1990

Hi,

I'm posting this for a friend, so please send answers to him directly
if possible. His mail address: jan at cs.uni-sb.de

thanks in advance,

-ks

so here we go:

*
* WRITING DRIVERS WITH DMA-ACCESS - Who has informations or can give hints?
* I am planning to write a driver for a non-standard LAN-card for the
* IBM-PC-bus (under ix/386). The LAN-card offers a CSMA-CD protocol
* with 1 MBit. The manufacturer is Datex from Taiwan, the card is
* called D-Link. I have some experience with writing drivers under
* XENIX. What I really need to know is how to access the DMA. Of
* course, I would prefer a ready-to-go solution . . .
*

Kurt Schreiner
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer       FAX  : +49 681 302 5341
Kuenstliche Intelligenz (DFKI) GmbH    VIOCE: +49 681 302 5270
-- Standort Saarbruecken --            UUCP : ...!uunet!unido!sbsvax!ks
Stuhlsatzenhausweg 3            X400: ks at fb10vax.informatik.uni-saarland.dbp.de
D-6600 Saarbruecken, West Germany      INTERNET: ks at dfki.uni-sb.de