bigger longs (64 bits)

David A. Truesdell truesdel at sun217..nas.nasa.gov
Sat Feb 10 08:30:38 AEST 1990

markh at attctc.Dallas.TX.US (Mark Harrison) writes:
>btw, I have always heard 64 bit integers referred to as "xlongs" (extra
>longs)... is this common or just our own local jargon?

Uts calls a 64bit integer a "long long".  On a Cray, it is simply a "long".

I doubt if there is any truely "common" term for a type that's longer than a
long.

T.T.F.N.,
dave truesdell (truesdel at prandtl.nas.nasa.gov)

"Testing can show the presense of bugs, but not their absence." -- Dijkstra
"Each new user of a new system uncovers a new class of bugs." -- Kernighan