How to optimize BSD (SunOS 4) file system (esp. for Big partition)?

Larry McVoy lm at snafu.Sun.COM
Sat Feb 10 11:39:56 AEST 1990

In article <22401 at adm.BRL.MIL> justice at dao.nrc.ca (Gerald Justice) writes:
>I am looking for some advice on optimizing the file systems on a Sun 4/280
>NFS and boot server running SunOS 4.0.1 (soon 4.0.3) used in a scientific
>data analysis environment.  The clients are 3/60's and 4/60's, all diskless.

Hmm.  I can't find the forest for the trees in this posting.  Perhaps if
you told me exactly what it is that you want to go faster I could help you.
---
What I say is my opinion.  I am not paid to speak for Sun, I'm paid to hack.
    Besides, I frequently read news when I'm drjhgunghc, err, um, drunk.
Larry McVoy, Sun Microsystems     (415) 336-7627       ...!sun!lm or lm at sun.com