X sucks (was: Re: Ware Ware Wizardjin)

peter da silva peter at ficc.ferranti.com
Fri Apr 26 07:12:02 AEST 1991

In article <14619 at ulysses.att.com>, andys at ulysses.att.com (Andy Sherman) writes:
> I'm not in the trenches, so I don't know who, (*IF ANYBODY*) is
> winning the GUI war.

What I want to know is why the "GUI war" is even considered worth discussing?

I mean, who cares which marketing gimmick "wins"? It's about as important
in the scheme of things as whether Bud Dry or Bud Light wins Bud Bowl 2.

> For ISVs who want to hedge their
> bets, there is an Object Interface library (developed by Solbourne,
> but I think the AT&T C++ people may have picked it up as well) that
> allows applications to determine their flavor at run time.

So when does this get moved from the library to the server where it belongs?
Peter da Silva.  `-_-'  peter at ferranti.com