unix undelete ?????

Martin Weitzel martin at mwtech.UUCP
Sat Apr 27 03:47:59 AEST 1991

In article <26647 at adm.brl.mil> X903%DMAFHT1.BITNET at cunyvm.cuny.edu ( Marc Wachowitz) writes:

There are several 'undelete'-programs available as PD- or commercial
software. But one thing I'm missing is an 'unformat'. For example if
I go and format a floppy or even the harddisk and some days later I
find that I've thrown away some valuable files, it would be nice to
get them back. The fact that there is no such 'unformat'-command is
exactly that sort of thing that makes UNIX such a unfriendly system
for the non-guru users.

Must I really note that the above was pure sarcasm? Oh, better I do,
before my mailbox flows over.
--
Martin Weitzel, email: martin at mwtech.UUCP, voice: 49-(0)6151-6 56 83