POSIX bashing

Ed Gould ed at mtxinu.COM
Thu Apr 11 12:15:32 AEST 1991

>Personally, I like emacs-style history editing.  You prefer simple
>erase-kill processing.  Isn't it better to get the choice out of the kernel,
>and let each application decide what it wants?

No, it's not better to get it out of the kernel, unless you propose
linking the *same* interface into *every* application.  I want
consistency among the tools I use.  I most certainly do not want
to remember which applications have fancy input editing built in
and which don't.

--
Ed Gould			No longer formally affiliated with,
ed at mtxinu.COM			and certainly not speaking for, mt Xinu.

"I'll fight them as a woman, not a lady.  I'll fight them as an engineer."