SUN unix performance tests anyone?

Kerry Duke duke at analog.com
Tue Apr 30 02:19:38 AEST 1991

I am new to the net so please excuse me if this has been discussed many, many times.

My manager is requiring me to conduct some detailed analyses of the "performance" of each of
our systems (SUN file servers and workstations) before he will approve of any upgrades (sounds like
a resonable thing to do if you were in management, right).  However, it is not as easy as I or hemight lead you to believe.

Has anyone ever compiled a suite of tests (besides the lin-pack, etc....) which indicate
whether memory, disk i/o, nfs i/o, or cpu speed are the limiting factors behind performance
problems?

If you can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.  Thanks in advance.

Kerry Duke
System Manager
Analog Devices Inc.
Norwood, Massachusetts