using adb on the kernel

Jonathan I. Kamens jik at athena.mit.edu
Tue Apr 30 05:54:35 AEST 1991

In article <70 at talgras.UUCP>, david at talgras.UUCP (David Hoopes) writes:
|> I would like to view/alter some variables in a device driver.  What is
|> the command line needed to start adb on the active kernel?
|>
|> I am doing this on SCO Xenix 2.3, SCO Unix, and ISC Unix.

  I don't know for sure about any of these systems, but I can tell you that:

  1) On my system, "adb -w -k /vmunix /dev/mem" is the command to do this.  If
you don't want to be able to write to the running kernel or /vmunix image,
then leave off the "-w".

  2) This question is usually answered in the man page for adb  Do none of the
systems you mentioned have an adb man page?

  3) Questions that are answered in the man page for the program about which
you are asking the question do not usually belong in comp.unix.wizards.

--
Jonathan Kamens			              USnail:
MIT Project Athena				11 Ashford Terrace