Shared libraries: what functions are dynamically linked in?

Guy Harris guy at auspex.auspex.com
Wed Apr 24 03:44:43 AEST 1991

>You can see what functions whould be linked in by typing in:
>	mn /usr/lib/libc.so.1

(Assuming you meant "nm", not "mn"), that'll show all the functions that
are in the shared library, regardless of whether any particular
executable uses them or not.  I'm not sure which the original poster
wanted.

>To see which executables are using dynamic shared libraries, type in:
>	mcs -p -n .interp full_path_name
>
>At least this is how it works on: AT&T UNIX System V/386 Release 4.0

Somewhat the same in SunOS 4.x (not surprisingly...), except that there
ain't no "mcs" command or ".interp" section, so you just use "file" to
see if an executable is using dynamic shared libraries.  "ldd" should
work in S5R4 (the stuff shown for S5/386R4.0 should apply to any S5R4
implementation) and in SunOS 4.x.