Shared libraries: what functions are dynamically linked in?

pefv700 at perv.pe.utexas.edu pefv700 at perv.pe.utexas.edu
Thu Apr 25 01:37:12 AEST 1991

In article <7355 at auspex.auspex.com>, guy at auspex.auspex.com (Guy Harris) writes...
>>You can see what functions whould be linked in by typing in:
>>	mn /usr/lib/libc.so.1
>
>(Assuming you meant "nm", not "mn"), that'll show all the functions that
>are in the shared library, regardless of whether any particular
>executable uses them or not.  I'm not sure which the original poster
>wanted.

Well, since I'm the original poster, I'll try to clarify.

Say you have a.out, a stripped executable that was linked dynamically with
a shared library.  (nm won't work here, right?)  Assuming I did it right,
ldd only told me, "Yes, it's using this shared library."  But I want to
know the functions in the shared library that will be used when the
executable is exec'd.