X11 bashing

Braham Levy pha21 at seq1.keele.ac.uk
Mon Apr 15 23:18:14 AEST 1991

In article <26550 at adm.brl.mil>, preece at urbana.mcd.mot.com (Scott E. Preece) writes:
> We have seen a long string of notes beating on X as a resource hog, a
> waste of the hardware performance improvements of the last few years, a
> threat to reliability, a performance disaster, and various other kinds

hear hear scott and well said.

Now ain't that enuf ?? i get real fed up of all this X/ Sunview/ NeWS
(and other) bashing that goes on (especially in wizards) can we put a
stop to this for a while.

just a as finale here's my twopence worth :

	nothing's perfect but most thigs are usable. if you can do your
job with the toolset you have don't complain. if you find something that
does it better then tell the world. if for your application your toolset
don't work put it down to experience and let others know that for that
sort of work xyz product/ windowing system/os might not work, you never
know if you construct your posting well you may get some positive

braham

email: brahamlevy at uk.ac.keele (or similar)

mail-mail :				phone +44-782-621111x3943
j braham levy
UDSP Lab,
Electrical Engineering Group,
Dept. of Physics,