System V, B0, and DTR.

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.ferranti.com
Wed Apr 24 07:45:30 AEST 1991

OK, I'm having a problem implementing callback on an iNTeL 520 (multibus-2
based 386/486 multi-CPU box) with System V/386. It seems that the SVID
does not define what happens when you set speed to B0 (to drop DTR) and
then back to another baud rate (B2400, say). I beleive that it should
raise DTR again (after all, why allow the B0 hack otherwise? If you want
to drop DTR altogether and never talk to the device again why not just
close the port?). iNTeL says that even though it's a 2-line fix they
can't do it because it's not in the SVID... even to do a workaround for
us. The iNTeL technical people are quite helpful, and seem as frustrated
as us.

Any suggestions? (no, closing and opening the port doesn't appear to be
an option in this case) What do you people think the Right Thing to do is?
Peter da Silva.  `-_-'  peter at ferranti.com