Altos 2086 -- is TCP/IP and Ethernet available?

Brandon S. Allbery KB8JRR allbery at NCoast.ORG
Sun Dec 2 10:04:41 AEST 1990

As quoted from <1990Nov30.083145.19301 at actrix.gen.nz> by paul at actrix.gen.nz (Paul Gillingwater):
+---------------
| Is there an Ethernet card available for the Altos 2086?  If so, can
| anyone also supply TCP/IP and ARPA, and maybe even NFS?

Insofar as I am aware, there is no such card available.  And thanks to the
proprietary nature of the system, there probably won't be, either.

-> I may have seen some literature from Altos pricing such beasties, but it
was most likely one of the the "planned but never released" products. <-

++Brandon
--
Me: Brandon S. Allbery			    VHF/UHF: KB8JRR on 220, 2m, 440
Internet: allbery at NCoast.ORG		    Packet: KB8JRR @ WA8BXN