ST296N SCSI & ST01 controller problems

Frank Houston fh8n at hopper.cs.Virginia.EDU
Sun Oct 14 00:49:25 AEST 1990

	hello netland,

	I am having trouble trying to get my computer to work with
a ST01 hard disk controller and a st296N hard drive. The computer
is a 386/25 clone with 4 megs of ram using CHIPS  & TECHNOLOGIES
chip set. The system boots fine from the hard disk under
dos 3.3. However, when I boot with an SCO boot disk or Minix,
I get the error.
					ROM BASIC NOT FOUND
					SYSTEM HALTED

	I have attemped to use my hard drive and controller on a
 northgate super micro system. When I tried the SCO
 unix boot disk , I got the error

					SYSTEM REBOOT

Can the st01 controller work with operating systems other
   than dos?

	Is there anyone out there who has had similiar problems?

		thanks Frank Houston