configuring MMDF on SCO UNIX V/386

David S. Herron david at twg.com
Thu Dec 20 16:59:21 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec13.220521.12840 at rducky.uucp> jrp at rducky.uucp (JIM PICKERING) writes:
>Having found the manual lacking, I am ready to appeal to the NET for help.

The full manual & up-to-date source is available via anonymous f-t-p
from louie.udel.edu, uunet.uu.net, and gatekeeper.dec.com.

>How do I configure MMDF to send mail with unresolved addresses to
>another machine?  I see the mention of badhosts and the root domain, but
>there is no example files or a good explanation of what to do.

MCHN name=badhosts, que=badhosts, host="some-host.dom.ain"
	pgm=smtp, tbl=smtp, ap=822, mod=reg

For example.

You pick out the host you're going to bombard with all this
mail you don't know what to do with.  The "pgm=" and "tbl=" tags
will have to match up with how you normally reach that host.
In the example it will use the SMTP channel program and the
channel table for the normal smtp channel (assuming that table
is named "smtp", I dunno how SCO names it..).

--
<- David Herron, an MMDF & WIN/MHS guy, <david at twg.com>
<- Formerly: David Herron -- NonResident E-Mail Hack <david at ms.uky.edu>