IRQ 2 with WD8003

Karl-P. Huestegge karl at robot.in-berlin.de
Mon Dec 10 22:12:50 AEST 1990

jhl at kira.uucp (John Lawitzke) writes:

>> horke at buchonia.rhoen.in-berlin.de (Bernhard Kroenung) writes:
>>
>>>I wanted to add an WD8003 with IRQ 2 and Base-Adress 0x280 or 0x300 or
>>>0x380 - but none of them work correctly - the system showed the wd-card
>>>at IRQ 31, but ping, ftp,.. won`t work ....

>When I put put Archive tape drives into a Xenix system, I put them in on
>IRQ2. On a AT-style system, the IRQ2 line from the expansion bus goes
>into IRQ9 of the interrupt controllers. Through magic, you tell Xenix
>the card is on interrupt 25 (decimal). The 31 you see at boot is octal.
>31 octal = 25 decimal.

What do you mean by 'telling Xenix' ?

In the /usr/sys/config/master file Interrupts are denoted octal (31 is right).

In the Xenix /usr/sys/io/sioconf.c file Interrupts are given in decimal (25).

FAS und Xenix serial drivers can both be configured to use IRQ 9 (=2 on XT's).

Karl-Peter Huestegge                       karl at robot.in-berlin.de
Berlin Friedenau                           ..unido!fub!geminix!robot!karl