IRQ 2 with WD8003

Uwe Doering gemini at geminix.in-berlin.de
Sat Dec 8 00:40:50 AEST 1990

horke at buchonia.rhoen.in-berlin.de (Bernhard Kroenung) writes:

>My system is an 386 with 387 at 25Mhz 8Mb (Chicony Board) and Xenix 2.3.3
>IRQ 3 : Microsoft Mouse
>IRQ 4 : AST 4-Port Card
>IRQ 5 : Wangtec 150Mb Streamer Adapter (0x300)
>IRQ 6 : reserved for floppy drives
>IRQ 7 : parallel Port
>
>I wanted to add an WD8003 with IRQ 2 and Base-Adress 0x280 or 0x300 or
>0x380 - but none of them work correctly - the system showed the wd-card
>at IRQ 31, but ping, ftp,.. won`t work ....
>Now I removed the parallel port and set the Streamer to IRQ7 and the
>WD8003 at IRQ 5 with base-Adress 0x280 - now it works - but I need my
>parallel Port ... and some very strange things happen whith CTS/RTS and
>the AST-Card ... (as RTS/CTS is only possible with the FAS-driver I
>use it ..)

I tried to use the WD8003 card on IRQ2, too, but under 386/ix this
doesn't work either. I moved it to IRQ4. One of my AST 4-port cards
is set to IRQ2 and this works with FAS if you tell UNIX that it is
on INT9 (look at the FAS docs). Note that this is for Interactive UNIX,
but as long as Xenix itself is able to handle IRQ2/INT9 (don't know
for sure) it should work there, too.

     Uwe
Uwe Doering  |  Domain   : gemini at geminix.in-berlin.de
Germany      |  Bangpath : ...!unido!fub!geminix.in-berlin.de!gemini