SCO XENIX directory problem.

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Thu Dec 27 14:49:59 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec26.153530.649 at bluemtn> perry at bluemtn (Perry Minyard (3MTA3)) writes:

| For some reason with our /u3, I cannot get the 'pwd' command to work
| when i'm in /u3.
|
| If I do a      cd /u3
|    then:   pwd
| It gives me an error saying it "cannot stat .."
|
| If I'm root and type pwd, it works fine.  I was thinking it might be a
| permission problem, but it doesnt seem to make a difference what permissions
| are given to the /u3 filesystem...

  Just a thought, there really is an entry named .. in the current
directory which points back to the parent directory. There are two
things you can look at, one is to cd to /u3 as root and chmod on the ..
entry, and the other is to unmount (umount) the filesystem and look at
the permissions on the mount point. I can't unmount anything right now,
so I'm not sure where the problem falls.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX