Using a SCSI tape drive

Bill Vermillion bill at bilver.uucp
Sun Dec 16 14:42:39 AEST 1990

In article <2629 at sixhub.UUCP-> davidsen at sixhub.UUCP (bill davidsen) writes:
->In article <77535 at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> huntley at copper.ucs.indiana.edu (Haydn Huntley) writes:
->
->| I hacked my /usr/lib/mkdev/tape file to put in option #4 to add a SCSI
->| drive, but it still didn't work!  So today I called SCO Tech Support,

->  You have misunderstood the dealer, SCO, and two other posters. Try to
->understand, there are two versions Xenix, one which has SCSI, one which
->doesn't. They are not "old and new" they are two products, with two
->names, and two prices.
.
Haven't both versions been combined to one version as of late this summer
and the GT version dropped?

I seem to remember seeing this on the net, but I may be wrong.  I installed
a stock MCA version in September and it asked whether there was a SCSI card
installed or not.  ANd this was before the support of IBMs SCSI cards.
                      : bill at bilver.UUCP