VGA Palette under CGI v1.01

oracle at dayton.saic.com oracle at dayton.saic.com
Sat Dec 22 01:17:21 AEST 1990

Holiday Greetings!

	I am experiencing some difficulty with CGI v1.0.1 and was hoping
salvation could be found on the net!

	I have a 386SX running XENIX/286.  My machine has a VGA card w/256K,
and a color NEC/Multisync.  I am interested in doing grey scale imagery under
XENIX and need to set the palette accordingly.  Setting the palette is no
problem. I check work_out[13] after an open workstation call it indicates 16
simultaneous colors. But Work_out[39] indicates a palette size of only 64
colors.  Am I missing an add on driver, or is this the extent of XENIX/286
VGA support?  My ultimate goal is to upgrade my VGA card to 512K and display
64 grey scale.  Any info would be appreciated!  I can do 16 and 64 grey scale
under *gasp* DOS, I will be really upset if CGI under XENIX/286 does not
support it!

Thanx in Advance,

Tim
  ____ ____    ___               Tim Granger
 /___ /___/ / /     Science Applications International Corporation
____//   / / /___                Dayton, Ohio