SCO support of Xenix/386

Stephen J. Walick steve at nshore.uucp
Sat Dec 1 14:03:51 AEST 1990

As quoted from <360 at anomaly.sbs.com> by mpd at anomaly.sbs.com (Michael P. Deignan):
+---------------
| srodawa at vela.acs.oakland.edu (Ron Srodawa) writes:
|
| >2. Released new development system release 2.3.1.
|
| Err, my understanding is that the new devsys release is v2.3.2, and it
| costs over $200 to upgrade to it.
|
| This irks me to no end as I just shelled out $500+ for the devsys this
| past summer - now I'd had to pay yet-another-50% to get the "upgrade".
|
| Riiiight. I'm going to "upgrade" to a new Unix. And, it ain't gonna
| be SCO.
+---------------

Tell the world what the source of your information is, and we'll all
know who not to ask or believe.

I downloaded < lng244 > to correct some incremental loader (ldr) problems
I was having on the purchased Development System (from SCO) 2.3.0, but
the letter with < lng244 > warned about *NOT* applying that update on
the Development System that was *NOT* 2.3.1.  A simple call to the SCO
"media" department got for me not only the Development System 2.3.1, but
also their CGI update from 1.0.1 to 1.1.0d, all within one week, NO
CHARGE -- not even the phone call, which was answered *immediately*!

Why don't you, and all other non-believers in SCO, give *them* a call
(800) 347-4381, and you might find them to actually be very helpful.
( BTW, SCO's current most recent release of the Development System for
SCO-Xenix is 2.3.1d! )

--

Stephen J. Walick, Asst Sysop of the  < XBBS >  program  at  NCoast.ORG
{uunet|backnone}!nshore!steve                         steve at nshore.uucp