SCO support of Xenix/386

William Gibbs bill at wgc386.mv.com
Mon Dec 3 01:23:36 AEST 1990

In <1990Dec1.030351.6744 at nshore.uucp> steve at nshore.uucp (Stephen J. Walick) writes:

>As quoted from <360 at anomaly.sbs.com> by mpd at anomaly.sbs.com (Michael P. Deignan):
>+---------------
>| srodawa at vela.acs.oakland.edu (Ron Srodawa) writes:
>|
>| >2. Released new development system release 2.3.1.
>|
>| Err, my understanding is that the new devsys release is v2.3.2, and it
>| costs over $200 to upgrade to it.
>|
>| This irks me to no end as I just shelled out $500+ for the devsys this
>| past summer - now I'd had to pay yet-another-50% to get the "upgrade".
>|
>| Riiiight. I'm going to "upgrade" to a new Unix. And, it ain't gonna
>| be SCO.
>+---------------

>Tell the world what the source of your information is, and we'll all
>know who not to ask or believe.

>I downloaded < lng244 > to correct some incremental loader (ldr) problems
>I was having on the purchased Development System (from SCO) 2.3.0, but
>the letter with < lng244 > warned about *NOT* applying that update on
>the Development System that was *NOT* 2.3.1.  A simple call to the SCO
>"media" department got for me not only the Development System 2.3.1, but
>also their CGI update from 1.0.1 to 1.1.0d, all within one week, NO
>CHARGE -- not even the phone call, which was answered *immediately*!

I've had similar experience.  I called SCO on a Friday to register my
software and get ALL the free updates available (O/S, Devsys, lng244,
VP/ix, etc.) all of it arrived on the following Monday.

>Why don't you, and all other non-believers in SCO, give *them* a call
>(800) 347-4381, and you might find them to actually be very helpful.
>( BTW, SCO's current most recent release of the Development System for
>SCO-Xenix is 2.3.1d! )

Worked for me.

>--

>Stephen J. Walick, Asst Sysop of the  < XBBS >  program  at  NCoast.ORG
>{uunet|backnone}!nshore!steve                         steve at nshore.uucp

Bill
William Gibbs                                     bill at wgc386.mv.com
42 Ayer Road
Nashua, NH 03060
(603) 886-4243                   {decvax | harvard}!zinn!wgc386!bill